Even though today was just a travel day, I wanted to post some final thoughts. My first thought is that alarms going off at 4:45 AM to drive to the airport are the worst! Ugh! My second thought is I already miss Jenny J. My third thought is that I wish I could walk to Open Space and get one more iced chai latte. And the thoughts go on and on from there…
As much as I will miss living in LA, I am ready to go home. I missed a lot of things in Cleveland just this month:
- My friend Shannon had her first chemo treatment. I found out about it just as I left, so I wasn’t able to give her a hug before she entered this chapter in her life. Luckily she has a kick-butt attitude and a great mentor in our friend Beth, but I wish I could have shown my support in person.
- Kami had a baby! We’ve been manifesting this one for a while now, so I can’t wait to meet her little girl. Congrats my friend!
- I missed getting manicures and ice cream with my mom for Mother’s Day. Sorry mom! I promise we’ll re-create the day this month.
- I love spending the first day of summer break with my niece and nephew. I think I’m more excited about the end of a school year than they are! Last year we had a pizza party, and I missed doing that with them this year. I promised them Starbucks and Taco Bell runs when I get back.
- The Ohio Pug Rescue reunion and fundraiser is always on Memorial Day weekend, so Miles (Mr. Ohio Pug Rescue 2013) and I missed seeing our friends. Plus we really like to help OPR raise money since it’s the charity that brought us together. My sweet little angel had a rough month while I was gone, so I’ll be happy to get home and cuddle bug with him.
- My dad was a speaker at a Memorial Day event, and although my brother Jason recorded it and sent it to me, I wish I could have been there in person. I am so proud of my dad in every way you can imagine. Who wouldn’t be after reading the article below about his bravery? But he’s so much more than a decorated veteran. He’s my rock. I love you dad!
Ultimately this is why I didn’t move to LA back in 2009: family and friends. What a great opportunity to live in LA, even if it was just for a short while, but then be able to come back home. Goodbye LA! I wish I could stay, but my heart is still in Cleveland.